Radnor Middle School is hosting its fifth annual multi-hour dance marathon on Friday, May 6 at 4 p.m. to raise funds to support Four Diamonds at Penn State Children's Hospital.
In 2021, students, teachers and staff joined together and raised more than $81,000, bringing the four year total to over $290,000.
The student led Mini-THON committee inspires the student body and Radnor community to get involved and participate in monthly fundraisers. The funds raised will help cover expenses for families with children battling childhood cancer. The funds also support a comprehensive team of researchers that are looking for a cure.
Student participation is encouraged and registration is required.
All Radnor Middle School students are invited to participate in the fifth annual RMS Mini-THON. Interested students should register using the link below.
- Dancers should strive to stay on their feet for the full six-hour period on Friday, May 6 from 4-10 p.m.
- Dancer fees and registration forms are due by Friday, February 25 to the following teacher captains.
- Blue: Lord
- Red: Anders
- Yellow: Ludwig
- Crossroads: Rendulich
- Green: Reece
- Orange: Dougherty
- Purple: Pittman
- Watershed: Savitch
- Bronze – Meakim
- Chrome –McNally
- Gateways – Smolen
- Soundings – Mercurio
- Registration fee is $20 and cost includes an event t-shirt
- Checks payable to “Radnor Township School District”
- All participants should set a goal to raise a minimum of $100 for the Four Diamonds Foundation. Last year’s event raised more than $81,000!
- Online via Donor Drive
- Checks payable to “Four Diamonds”
Questions? Contact Ms. Dougherty, Mr. Lord, Mr. Savitch, Ms. Malinchak, or Mr. Roth. For more information and updates about fundraising, check out RMS Mini-THON on Social Media.
How to Register for DonorDrive
Step 1: Go to www.fourdiamonds.donordrive.com
Step 2: Click “Find an Event”
Step 3: Search for Radnor Middle School Mini-THON and click on the link.
Step 4: Click “Register Now!” and follow the steps to register. Be sure to click “Complete Registration” before closing out of the window! Be sure to register by joining your specific TEAM (ie. Blue, Orange, Bronze, etc).
Step 5: Customize your personal fundraising page by clicking “Personalize your Fundraising Page” under “What’s Next?” on the right-hand column.
Step 6: Share your page with friends and family to reach and exceed your fundraising goal! Remember that online donations go directly to Four Diamonds, so they are 100% tax-deductible.
RMS Faculty Advisors
- Chrisie Dougherty, Overall
- Diana Anders, Fundraising
- Maureen Malinchak, Fundraising
- Karen Shoulberg, Fundraising
- Brad Lord, Finance
- Shannon Reece, Finance
- Ian Roth, Communications/PR
- Jordan McCauley, Communications/PR/Entertainment
- Jon Savitch, Entertainment
- Jennifer Blischok, Entertainment
- Darcy DiGiacomo, Hospitality
- Maria Krup, Hospitality
Questions? Contact a Mini-THON Faculty Advisor.
About Four Diamonds
The Four Diamonds mission is to conquer childhood cancer by assisting children treated at Penn State Children’s Hospital and their families through superior care, comprehensive support and innovative research.
Since its creation in 1972, Four Diamonds has helped nearly 4,000 children and families and supported a diverse platform of childhood cancer research at Penn State Children's Hospital, seeking improved treatments and cures to benefit those around the world.
Four Diamonds covers 100 percent of all medical expenses related to cancer care not covered by insurance for eligible Four Diamonds children.
Because of the community's steady and generous support, Four Diamonds has assisted 100 percent of the childhood cancer patients who have been treated at Penn State Children's Hospital.